When I have the time to think, not working, watching TV, listening to music, talking to others, etc., I find my thoughts are much deeper than when I was young. I see my society and culture spinning wildly out of control. With drugs, free sex and hedonistic behavior that probably outdoes any Roman heathen before their fall.
I have grown very concerned for the state of the world and its folly since the beginning of recorded history. The fact that even though we know better and think that we are much more learned now, we still are no further ahead on getting control over our impulses. Most of us still not willing to make any sacrifice to stave off instant gratification and pleasure for some loftier ideal or good cause.
Thus we have groups of men with guns that are paid to try and stop those of us that would bring others harm. Pathetic when you really think about it.
I wonder what hope any civilization really has when they are being taught things like:
- Accepting sin and bad behavior as normal instead of repentance and forgiveness.
- Encouraging the murder of so many unborn babies as a “choice” instead of teaching self-control and that the choice ends in whether or not to have sex or wait.
- That sex is not a spectator sport, group activity or should be done just for pleasures sake with anything or anyone instead of the notion that sex can only be consummated between a man and woman with purpose of reproduction at its heart and the spiritual aspect that goes along with becoming one with another in creating another life.
- That government sanctified murder is OK, but killing an enemy without another man’s permission in the private sector is wrong.
- To be driven, successful and wealthy is what we all should aim for instead of being helpful, kind and living your life as a testament to God instead of yourself.
- That the aggressive, foolish and greedy control everything instead of the temperate and wise.
- That man can continue to pervert and destroy everything in his path and this won’t lead to complete world destruction
“No race that does not take care of its young can hope to survive – or deserves to survive.” Father Flanagan, founder of Boys Town.